Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 10:48 PM   #786
KRFitz

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
your bed floor location depends on how tall your cab mounts are and what bushings you use on them. if you used skymangs "short" set and stock s10 bsuhings, the bed floor will only be about an inch higher than the angle strips currently on the bed sides, plus the thickness of whatever you use for a floor. its almost an invisible amount of raise. you will not be able to use the stock cross bars that are in your bed right now. with his "tall" set, the floor does not need to be raised at all. to find out where to set your bed, clamp or use jack stands to hold your running boards and the aprons in the right position for the cab, and the apron will tell you the correct position for the bed.

for lowering the rear I like having the s10 leafs dearched at the local spring shop, 4" works nicely for me. you can buy drop leafs, alternatively, or use a 4" block. keep in mind though, with the 4" block the lower spring perch and u bolts can potentially hang lower than the rim, which can be super exciting with a flat. 4" blocks cost almost as much as the local shop charges for dearching. you will need new u bolts, and teh spring shop can make you some of those too.
Great. Thanks for that suggestion of dearching the leaf springs, I will check that out. I have also seen suggested salvaging different springs. I believe the Astro van is the same length and a lot flatter. Thanks
KRFitz is offline   Reply With Quote