View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
silvertip67

Re: uni vs. standard points?

Thanks...I opted for the standard style this time, since I have several of them left ...it is a 327/CST btw...so its pretty easy on standards to get a feeler gauge in there and set the dwell with a 1/8" allen...the way the "unis" have the condenser right over the gap area it is a bit harder for me to deal with it....when I run out of the standards I will have to go for it...

funny thing this morning I broke the condenser wire off when I was finishing up...maybe this "uni" guy knew something...and got fed up with the one real pain for me too...setting points in the rear of the 67's engine compartment...

when they designed the 4WD's the engine sits back about 4" farther than the newer ones for clearance I guess for the transfer case etc...so not having to deal with the condenser exterior to the coil does make a lot of sense...one less wire hanging out back there...

also can you tell me about when those style "blue streaks" were made originally...the boxes I have are in perfect shape ...the cost written on them in ball point pen was $5.49...nothing costs that anymore...

'55 Chevrolet 3100 w/ 235 il6(Powermaster)
'63 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 250 il6
'65 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 283 V8
silvertip67 is offline   Reply With Quote