View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Re: Slot lovers unite!

Yeah,they`re dated, it`s called "Classic", as in better than what is offered now and still just as good as ever. Slots don`t make these trucks look old, these trucks look old because they are old and slots look right at home. The only wheels that look dated will be all these "Look at how big mine are", "Look, they found a new shape to cut", and "Don`t look at his,look at me first" wheels. These are classic because they were just custom wheels,as in not stock, and made to be lighter while giving a sport look. That`s what they did and still do. You either got wheels made from 5 spokes (or 5-lugs) to fill between the hub and rim or a solid disc with large slots... light, strong, and attractive... everything you want without gawdy flash to date them. They look right on everything from an Austin Healey Sprite to a 1t van including everything in between.
Many folks are all caught up in the trendy wheels and the vehicle is just another canvas to mount them on. If they don`t see the wheels they like (this week) they just move on looking for "rimz". Kinda like when I eat. Food is just something to put sauces on. I love my sauces.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-19-2015 at 05:16 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote