View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #67
Hart_Rod

Re: Are you guys as disappointed with 07 and up chevy trucks as i am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
2017 Silverado 1500 High Country
Overall do not like it.
Biggest issue is the 5.3 engine has been ruined, and 8 speed auto seems to be junk. Engine has a lot less power then rated, Has hard time to tow 5K lbs. feels very low down on power compared to 2010 5.3. The trans does not function well, High slippage starting from stop, and accelerating as you merge onto highway, engine revs High RPMs- trans just seems to slip. Engine will rev to 5K RPMs and truck only accelerates a few MPH. If in my 2010 5.3, I would go from 40 to 70 MPH quickly, this truck will not accelerate well when at a speed of say 40 mph or more.
Also, many small problems, this truck should never have left the factory.
Electronic do-das are many.
To me way to much car and not enough truck. Friend has 2017 LTZ and same engine/trans problems. Can not believe GM took such a great truck and ruined it.
This is at 2000 miles, will report back at 10,000 miles.
Interested to hear your follow up report. I have 2017 1500 Crewcab with the 6.2/8L80 and so far (6500 miles), I have been very happy with it. The fuel economy is great (20-24mpg) and the power is really nice. I haven't pulled with it yet, but will soon. Hopefully there will be no issues. My only complaint so far is that it's too quiet, . I'm currently looking into a Borla cat-back setup to remedy that.
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote