View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #39
Back in Black

My 8 month frame off.

I am on the 7th month of my 8 month frame off restoration. I just decided that I am not going to try and get it done this summer. Problem is mostly time. I was so pushed to get it done that I have been working on it alot. This resulted in it being more of a job and less fun. I decided to make it more fun and slow down a bit. It is a good time to have a hot rod to work on when you get some free time. I realized that once I get the truck done, I won't have anything to work on anymore.

Currently my truck has a box, cab, fenders, motor, tranny, posi and smoothy tires. I had the frame sand blasted, added all new supension, and painted it with "Chassis Saver", new brakes, air, radiator, built 400 hp 383, TH400, 3.43 posi, ect.

Here are a few pointers that I have learned:

1) Chassis Saver is an excellent product.
2) When stumped, go to the board, someone else has already been down your road.
3) It is nice to have several trucks around. I have three. My black CST which I bought when I was 17, the Arizona truck which I looked for forever and is now stripped, and a rusty camper special which was really stock and complete. When putting my truck back together, the camper special proved valuable to look at, steal screws and bolts, and all around extra parts.
4) Ziploc bags are a must
5) Take pictures, they will be handy later

Have Fun

Jason