View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 10:00 PM   #36
pitterpat

Re: Pitterpat's 84 C20 mild build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I'm glad that you decided to keep this truck, and welcome!

I have a similarly outfitted truck and am keeping both the CB and the canopy. You may consider some options for a radio that don't require cutting the dash -- it's always nice to keep that intact if it has survived this long. There are options if you want input.

TKCR is very well qualified to help with the interior questions you are asking. I also think you are referring to the bituminous sound dampening that was installed at the factory when you say masonite. It may not be in every truck if it was installed as part of an option package -- I don't know. You can leave it in place or remove it and replace it with other products. If it's in your way, there are some products that can be lighter and still be effective, just ask.

Good luck and do what you need to do to save the truck. Some times the simple fixes are the best because many vehicles have perished while the owners waited to have enough money and/or time to fix it with nice or new parts. Thanks for telling us about your process. We'd be up for hearing whatever history of it that you care to tell. We pretty much all like to hear when someone saves their dad's truck.
LT7A, thanks for reading and responding. Our weather here in Indianapolis has been much like the Pacific NW, lots of rain. The weather has impacted my opportunities to work on the truck, it sits out side and I'm just trying to do some basic stuff but it's been raining so much I can't get a lot done...hopefully better in July.

I don't have much history on this truck. I know my dad bought it used in May of 1995. He had rockers put in like in 2002 and had the motor and transmission rebuilt in the summer of 2010 (for like $2500). He died in the November of 2010, sudden death, he just fell over dead at 85. He lived a good life, was retired with no job for 23 years. Man of the depression.

I hope the rain stops in July. I'm trying to get the inside clean (too much humidity to clean and get it to dry). Then put some floor padding down, old cleaner oem pad and a new to me rubber floor covering. This truck was the model without carpet. It has a manual transmission. I'll put the CB back in, I have a used oem GM radio, new speakers and an amp setup to run my smart phone from (like the setup in Sweet Pea). I'm not concerned about it looking bad on the outside but want it to be good on the inside as best I can.

Thanks again.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=783971
pitterpat is offline   Reply With Quote