View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #7
msg

Re: Need help with 66 Fawn interior color

I went to the PPG store last week and took the glove box panel. The guy who was mixing paint behind the counter saw me with the panel and said "Ive got a formula already for that, thats from a C10 60s right?" I said yes a 66. I asked him about how he recommended painting to get an accurate look and he said "base it and clear..Ive got the clear you will need for that too". I asked about maybe adding a little metallic to the clear to get the right finish and he said not to, "if you get any runs in your paint you will have a mess on your hands trying to correct it". Being a first timer I figure Ill see how it goes without tinkering. Especially after nearly spending $600 on the interior paint and the white Ill need for the roof and other places that a 2 tone gets like the lettering and front end panel.

I took a scrap door I have been testing other paints on and got a test going. Looks pretty close to me, the sheen is different but that maybe a plus to cut the glare down when driving. Here is what it looks like.

Some interior shots.
Attached Images