View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #31
skoffice

Re: Blueprint Engines 383 - My Bad Experience

I had a similar problem with a different company about 2 years ago. Coast High Performance. My buddy got a 406 shortblock for his Chevelle. We put it all together, got it fired up, and it had a slight knock on deceleration. Took it to my shop, tore it down, and they had forgotten a spiral lock in one of the wrist pins! They made him, pay to ship it back, pay to have the block honed and sleeved due to the scoring on the cyl. wall from the wrist pin sliding out and hitting it, and pay to ship it back to him. Their rep arrogantly said "Ha my assembler NEVER forgets a spiral lock. Thats not possible." Well he sure did! I was doing all the R&R and his dad was paying for all this BS since he was away at college and needed his vehicle back ASAP. But what a bunch of BS. I tell everyone to find a local reputable shop to deal with, even if it's 75 miles away. Because then you have someones door to bust down when the $hit hits the fan. Instead of an unnecessary $400 in incurred shippng costs and another month at minimum wondering "whats wrong with my engine and where is it?" It's a lot easier to make someone see whats going on in person than over a phone call. My friend's lesson was well learned.