View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #11
Clarance J

Re: Just another old truck.

Hello. Just like to post some more pictures of my project. I bought this truck in Feb 1970. I"ve put a lot of miles on Clarance J over the years and he only left my wife and I stranded one time. But it was'nt his fault. Just poor maintance at that time. The last time he was on the road Sept 1994. Just had other things going so there he sat. He moved me from So. Cal to Ore several times. When I bought him from my brother in 70 the truck had come from Oregon in Jan. He had a black paint job the PO (not my brother) had put on it with a paint brush and house paint. It took a couple years before I had CJ painted yellow. The old 6 got tired so in went a 1964 283. Good motor. Still had the 3 speed and colume shifter. New tires and wheels. In 1975 he got a 1965 327. So were going in the right direction. A muncie 4 speed replaced the 3 speed and a couple of years later a 350 tubro. This truck has been through a lot of changes, some good and some not so good. So now hes got the 327 bored out for the third time. 10 over then 30 and last at it cleaned up at 40 over. And now he has a 5 speed out of a 85 S-10. Gotta go . Post more later Earl from Grants Pass OR
Attached Images