View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #99
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

[QUOTE=sgaylord;5372786]It's hard to say but I would not do any more cutting or moving the cab around that could effect the structure until you put some bracing in. It don't have to be elaborate, I used a single piece of 1x1 sq tubing. Here's a pic of how I did mine. In the second pic I brace it from side to side. That is only required if you remove the floor and cowl leaving the "A" Pillar without lateral support. I dont think you will need to do that.

One thing you will need to do is make sure you fit those doors before you weld in that rocker fully or you could have major fitment issues with your doors. FYI if you have not bought your rockers yet, go with Tri-Plus as they seem to be the better ones of the bunch. You may still need to tweak them a little to make them perfect. Just the reality of aftermarket parts.

Anyway, hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

Tranny work is something I have shied away from in the past but it's something that I have on my "bucket list" once I get up the courage..

Steve

Absolutely helps, Steve. Thanks! I will have to go get some tubing to brace the door with. It honestly does not seem like the cab has flexed at all, but I am sure it is hard to tell by looking at it. The only moving it gets is me spinning it around on the cart. I will brace it before I lift it off the cart, especially since I want to put it on the frame before I test fit the doors.

The tranny work is way beyond my skill level. I look at that table of parts and wonder how he knows where everything goes. Glad Eric looked at it though, because as I mentioned before, the way it was modified would not have worked well for me, not to mention several clutch plates were burned.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote