View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Zman86

Re: My '75/'81 C-10 project...

Payed a visit to the pick n pull today and found some new interior parts today.

My hauler/beater/daily driver, a 1990 Ford Festiva, also flat black, loaded up with interior goodies.

Base door panels to replace the other ones that were falling apart. A little rough around the edges, but some time/elbow grease/paint should get them looking good as new again.

Bench seat. I went to three different trucks, and this one had almost no wear/sag in the drivers seat. Its blue vinyl with a mexican blanket seat cover thats falling apart. It will be getting re-covered. Its actually pretty comfortable.

Old door panel on the right, "new" one on the left. I Like the look of the plain panel without the trim strip and the carpet. They are very dirty...

I grabbed the door handles while I was there. The '75 door handles on the right, '81 handle on the left. The old owner had the older door handles installed with the newer door panels, and you have to cut the door panel to allow clearance for the older style handle. You can see why they have to be swapped.

Bench seat in. I thought for sure I was going to have head clearance issues with the bench, but theres actually headroom to spare. I still may try to lower the seat a bit as the seating position is a bit high. I much prefer the bench over the buckets.

Test-fitting the door panel with the newer style handles. I have to drill a couple mounting holes, but the fitment is pretty good otherwise.

Due to there now being a seat where the shifter was mounted, I'm going to have to re-locate it further up. The bolts you see welded to the floorpan were originally the front mounting posts for the shifter. They will now be the rear. A new hole will have to be cut in the floor for the cable and the old one patched up, and new mounting posts welded in further up. No big deal.
Zman86 is offline   Reply With Quote