View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 08:59 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Shortening the bed, literally just the bed

That's what I figured. Bobbing is the only way to shorten w/o taking a section of wheelbase out and this thread was started by someone aware of that, but is not wanting to do it.

Out eyes get used to seeing things, especially mass produced vehicles, the way they are. Some alterations become common, like slamming to the ground to create something that looks like it can't move, and the general public follows along. This is something that was fairly common to see, throughout the ages until more recent years, and since I've been observing trucks in detail so long my eyes are fine with it. It was done for a purpose, just as trucks were bought with a purpose in mind. I think a truck looks best without a cap on the bed, but some need one mounted to serve a purpose. My eyes are good with that now. A 4wd looks cleaner without a snow plow mount, but somebody has to push snow for the rest. Trucks were born of necessity, but that is getting turned into bought out of desire whether needed or not. An 8-lugger done this way seems ok to me, but I wouldn't want a bobbed 1/2t. I'd just get a 3/4t. 8-luggers are not for the shortbed set. They are in their own league where great utility is desired over style. This guy may never work the truck, but going after a look that says great utility works for me on a C/20. Of course that black truck looks like something is "off", it's been altered. It looks awesome in my eyes.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote