Thread: $500 2003 Tahoe
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
izzy_Britton

$500 2003 Tahoe

I am a long winded typer, so bear with me. We (she) drives a 2010 Kia Soul that has been a great little car but I am over the $350 monthly payment and $109 full coverage insuranc. Because i am beyond being over the monthly cost of driving this car I have been searching for an inexpensive (aka throw away) car for her to drive until i am done building her WHO DCTR truck.

As a result of my searching I was able to locate a 2002 Nissan Sentra that needed some mechanical love. The PO had a problem with it starting, apparently she took it to a repair shop for diagnostics. When the shop contacted the PO to let her know what the estimated cost of diag. and repair would be, she promptly went out and bought a brand new car and took the title to the sentra to the shop and wiped her hands clean of the car. Fast forward 2 years and shop is closing doors and needs to get rid of about a donzen vehicles that have been abandoned at the shop. I was told by the shop that the cam sensor, crank sensor, timing chain, coil packs and a whole slew of other parts have been replaced. The ONLY part that had no been change was the ECM (computer). I ordered a replacement computer for $490!!! before i paid for the computer i did a little more looking and decided to double check that the car was getting spark. well long story short(er) it turns out the spark plugs were so old that the little L shaped tang or electrode thing was actually GONE on all 4 plugs! I replaced the plugs and registered it this past thursday. drove it to work friday, buzzed around town saturday. My wife didnt like the car because it was a little too small for her.

So last week there was an ad on craigslist for a 2003 Tahoe, FREE! the title sparked my interest of coarse. Upon reading the ad, it was not actually for a free Yukon but rather someone looking for a smaller car that got better gas mileage. I sent email to owner and said i had 2002 Sentra, she wanted to meet and consider a straight trade.

Sunday after she drove the Sentra literally around the parking lot she wanted to trade cars. TRADE! Hell yeah! I totally got the better end of the deal, and i felt like i was taking advantage of her.

The truck is a little rough but i cannot complain a whole lot about a $500 running and driving 2003 Tahoe
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote