View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 04:45 AM   #10
izzy_Britton

Re: $500 2003 Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepertruck72 View Post
I might be interested in that Throw Away Tahoe when you decide to throw it away
Try this for programming the remotes :.
Give me a few months and when the wife is driving her WHO DCTR truck, I will very likely be ready to sell it.

My New Years resolution is no new trucks and i have added an amendment to that resolution to get rid of all or at the very least MOST of my vehicle collection. I am up to 14 vehicles at last count and i am really getting tired of paying insurance and registration on ALL of them (all but one anyways).

As for the remote programming thing. the problem is that the PDM will not go into programming mode at all. when i tried those steps 2 weeks ago the PDM simply cycles and will not remain in programming mode.

The problem I THINK is that the truck has or had an aftermarket alarm system on it as some point. the only reason i believe this is because when exiting the truck and pressing the door lock button on the drivers door, it is necessary to press the button twice, when pressing the button the first time there is a beeping two tone that beeps only once (if that makes any sense at all). The two tone beeping does NOT sound like anything factory installed.

I have pulled off the under dash cover but there appears to not be any aftermarket alarm system installed. i have not had a chance to look anywhere else for an aftermarket alarm yet. I would really like to buy a new driver door master switch, new PDM and a new BCM. but i would assume that they are super expensive if they are even available any longer. but seeing as how it is a temporary truck spending the money for those modules seems like a waste of $$.
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote