View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #190
77ChevySharkBite

Re: My new project 86 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by naphtali5725 View Post
Since i'm putting 2.5 inch drop spindles up front, trying to figure out what is best kind of shock I should use, what do you guys recommend?
I'm doing a flip in the back too, so i'd like to use same brand shocks front/back...

using Mcgaughy's spindles/flip kit. Their shocks are like 50 bucks a piece...

thanks

I'm running Gabriel shocks on mine, and though I haven't really driven it a lot it's definitely an improved ride that's for sure. I would have to say though Bilsteins shocks are pretty awesome and a great shock to use! I wouldn't run drop shocks though as i've heard there crap. KYB is another brand but your going to pay quite a pretty penny or 2 for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
I still need to buy my shock extenders for mine. I am going to try to run the stock shocks. I am going to look into Bilsteins first. The only thing I am not sure about is if I can run stock shocks up front with the 2.5" spindles and 1.5 springs. I have read that I should be able to though. I would be interested in know about this question too. You might have to start a seperate post on the message board.

You should be able to run your stock or any aftermarket shock aside from drop shocks, because even though your dropping the truck, and putting springs that shock will have to meet up with the spring so I personally don't see where there would be an issue with it.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote