View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #121
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: 72 Cheyenne Super First Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham57a View Post
If you could hook me up with a deal on that housing I would be the happiest guy in the world. We are definitely gonna have to use a different one then what we have now. I was just checking out some of the pictures that I have and it is way shorter then the original housing. I'll shoot you a text so you have my number. And I'm not getting home till about 7 tomorrow and my dad is gonna be at the speedway all day so I'm gonna have a night alone with my truck I'll be at the speedway Saturday tho

Plans for tomorrow night: Go to the parts house and get a heater core, install the heater box, do that mod to the steering column and install the column, fix my brake pedal, and get the motor and trans bolted together. I need a cherry picker, which I don't have, to install the motor and trans so I am gonna have to wait till my dad's friend is home so I can borrow his. Which means another weekend
We'll chat tomorrow about the housing....since it is a 68, it'll be a little more narrow than a 72 (the 72 housings will be 1.5 inches wider than the 68)....but no worries, I see guys use these all the time in their 71-72 builds...gives ya a little more room for wheel backspacing....BTW...you'll need to get 5 lug conversion axles too (due to the width of the housing)....what did ya do with your other housing??

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote