View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #293
hewittca

Re: Green Gus the 68 shortbed convert

Figured I'd post an update since it's been a few months even though I haven't done much to the truck. I rode around on the 5" CPP drop springs for a while and they were fine just cruising...

...but I discovered they have a load carrying capacity of about 10 lbs (sarcasm) after carrying my kids and their power wheels through the woods. I then tried to haul a 1/2 yard of dirt and that was a mistake. That was a rough ride home!

With spring upon us, I reluctantly put my old springs back in so I could get some work done around the house. My father-in-law just got a new lift so I also had to try that out and get my first good look at the bottom of my truck.

I wasn't quite happy with the rake of the truck with the old springs back in, so I machined some 1/2" spacers that I will use in the meantime until I can get around to notching the frame and putting in the 2" blocks. I also had a chance this past weekend to bring the truck out to one of the best cruise ins around my area in Kannapolis NC.

That's it for now. I still plan on doing the whole spindle/disk swap but that will probably be pushed off until this winter. I'm getting too much use out of the truck right now to put it up on stands!
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote