View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #96
nebdrummer

Re: Anyone here run drag week?

I'm guessing 1/8th mile time.

I just completed Rocky Mountain race week this last year.. Same principal as drag week. Kearney Nebraska, Denver Colorado, Pueblo Colorado, Great Bend Kansas, and back to Kearney.

literally had 2 1/8th mile passes before I went on the week. I entered in the 12 second class as I have no cage. It put down 761whp on only 16 lbs on a mustang dyno. First all out 1/4 mile was a 9.87@140, drove to bandimire, dropped three jets out of the front of the carb and ran a 9.90 @ 138.8. it was a blast, and hope to do it every year. I took along a canopy tent, radial tires and drag radials to switch out, small tool box, wood blocks, jack and jack stands, 10 gallon extra of e85, a big cooler, and a 5 gallon bucket with spare electrical stuff. didn't have a single issue other than a flat tire from running over a big bolt. driving in the rain on drag radials isn't fun! lol.

But yea, I highly recommend looking up Rocky Mountain Race Week. Same idea, smaller crowd, and you can actually win money for each class.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote