Thread: NP435 questions
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #31
Dave64

Re: NP435 questions

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies.
kwmech,
Thanks. Rather than buying another complete box and all the associated drama of getting it sent halfway around the world, that is why I'm trying to get hold of just the correct input shaft (and input shaft housing, if obtainable).

WorkingLonghorn,
I'll see if I can find the relevant posting and shoot off a private email.

Steve,
It's not the ORIGINAL Chev/GMC box, but am trying to get it into a 75 C30 with a SBC350.
Don't know if you blokes are familiar with these NP435's, but I have two boxes here that I have successfully converted. One is a Dodge version with an International Harvester input shaft, behind a Perkins 203 TDI in one project, the other is a Ford NP435 with a Dodge 23 spline fine input shaft.
It is NOT the bellhousing that is the problem, have a late model bell that has the two extra ears machined into the front face, so will accept the SBC350 block.
Good thing about all the variations is that although the input shafts and actual case configurations are slightly different, the actual internals are mostly interchangeable (except for the mainshafts). I have, as I said, picked the eyes out of the ones I have here and made up two complete boxes to suit my applications.
Reason I'm trying to run an NP435 behind the 350, is the close ratio version , for what I want, is a lot better suited than the deep granny gear.
As I have said, I have had about half a dozen of these boxes in differing guises at one stage or another, still got enough parts left over to make one more good one, IF I can get the right input shaft.
If I can simplify it that way, can use just about standard Chev/GMC parts, already been down the track matching clutch, throwout bearings etc on the Perkins project, had to end up getting a special clutch disc made up from scratch.
Thanks again for all your help, Cheers Dave64
Dave64 is offline   Reply With Quote