View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #29
60-66

Re: 1965 Canadian built C20 Alaskan Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
I had no idea that's how they came! I always thought that was a HD option or something.

-Brad
Brad , there are so many things to learn about these great trucks , it amazes me every day. If I remember right you were/are a writer or editor for a Magazine ? You may know Alan Colvin ? Alan wrote the books "Chevrolet By The Numbers" for cars . He was telling me a few months back that he has ALL the information ( except production numbers ) on Chevrolet trucks from the GMs archives . He asked me if I thought there was enough interest in this kind of book on trucks ? It would be interesting to see if there is .It would be more about block numbers , alternators , heads and driveline , though. Thoughts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodly View Post
Sooooo legit!
Thanks Todd !

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
Congratulations on another incredible find! Time Capsule! Hope to see this one in "most original thread". There are originals out there, but very few have very nice original paint and straight as an arrow as this one. Luckily this truck was preserved by a collector, a vast majority of these "originally bought for a camper", pickups got sold off during the energy crisis of '73, camper removed, then used and abused as a work truck for the next 40 years by several different owners. I spy 15" lock rims ,'65 last year for them, replaced by 16" lock rims at mid year.
Thank you Factorystock. My very first thoughts before purchasing this truck were close to that 1973 time period, remove all the camping stuff, to see, " the Truck " but after talking with another member, it all started to sink in , this, IS the Truck ! Dont change a thing ! Its really growing on me , roof back pack , LOL , and all. Even that is now staying. I brought this truck home from Kentucky on a trailer , stopping at a gas station a man came up to me to talk about the truck , when I gave him the short version of the history his eyes lit up , he then had to look everywhere and share memories. I may need some new tires on those 15 inch rims , but if I can convince the wife , a long trip is in my thoughts for this one.
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote