View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #8
1968 baby blue C10

Re: 68 C10 build thread...kinda.

The next thing I did was change the oil and put some new valve cover gaskets on, the old cork ones were hard as a rock and stuck pretty bad, and put on a new air filter.

Then I cleaned up the engine bay. It took hours to degrease it. Even the valve covers had a ton of grease on them. There is still, and I’m not even exaggerating, a solid inch of crud caked on the transmission, including grease covered mud dobber nests haha. Hey, free undercoating right?

Here’s a before and a couple afters. It’s hard to tell to tell how bad it was in the first picture. I couldn’t believe how good the paint was still on the valve covers, heads and block. And that is after me scraping them with a metal gasket scraper for hours. I wish whoever put the 4 barrel on would’ve painted the manifold while they had it off.
Attached Images

"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern

Last edited by 1968 baby blue C10; 04-23-2018 at 04:53 PM.
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote