View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 02:00 AM   #1
FirstGen
Just Don't Stop!

68 C10 project 2020. TT LSA/6L90/9"/Bagged/Big brakes

I had a 68 C10'about 15 years ago and loved it. So I had been looking for another one until I found this project. Now I've had this truck for around 5 years and have done very little actual work in that time frame. Bought it as a roller with some decent body work done on the cab and a blasted and painted frame. Completely new fleet side bed. I've collected some parts last few years but not done much else up until a couple months ago.

Figured I would document some of the progress to maybe help others in the future.

I bought a Strange built/fabricated 9" complete with upgraded axles and locker. Had the axles drilled for 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern. The brakes I am using are 2015 Gen 2 CTS-V or ZL1 discs and calipers. Bought a nice kit that bolts the rear calipers to the 9" and also uses the factory ebrake assembly. Takes some modifications to the backing plates but overall very nice kit from LSX Concepts. We added some back bracing as I plan to make about 1000whp on this combo and don't want to tweak the axles tubes.

After mocking it up, I had the housing black powder coated. Also shown is the Porterbuilt rear suspension stuff. It's been so long I don't remember what stage it is called. Nice stuff and had all the suspension parts wrinkle black powder coated also.
Attached Images