View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
ChuckLee

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

1: Stock 2-piece driveshaft is about 2.25" too long when I have the motor/trans slid all the way forward on the dirty dingo sliders. Going to put all new ujoints on and have DS cut back to fit. I used the Denny's driveshaft measuring page ("example B") to get info as well as mocked up the old DS out of curiosity.

2: T56 seems to fit with my factory low hump. I do not have a bolt-in high hump currently and I guess I'll scratch that off my "purchase list" unless I can't get the pinion angle correct because of the trans tunnel being too low. Won't be checking fornpinion angle for s while, truck is now in a million pieces.

3: ordered lots of goodies from Eastwood for the chassis and other parts along with firewall and under the cab and under the bed and wheel wells. Rust encapsulator and chassis black in gloss.
The Frame has been getting a lot of love, along with ton of other pieces. Sanding everything down.

4: Saginaw power steering box pulled, leaking out the top so I just ordered a rebuild kit. That looks like an easy job, in meantime I spent awhile cleaning it up with some gas and Gunk.

5: dropped cab on frame for measuring lots of stuff. Still need to find the right headers. I think I'm going to go ahead and get all stainless headers, mufflers, & exhaust tubing with the natural finish and avoid the pitting that I get every time I fall for "the shiny stuff"

6: going to have to re-evaluate the clutch master and pedal as my current pedal pushrod travel is more than 1.4" and my current master is just plain ugly and outdated. Maybe it is time to order some stuff from captainfab.

Last edited by ChuckLee; 11-20-2016 at 05:34 PM.
ChuckLee is offline   Reply With Quote