View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #121
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Can't wait to see the new motor in that truck! Are you going to swap over to a 700R4 with the new motor?

Thanks for the info on your wheels, I know that you've probably been asked on numerous occassions. On your SWB are you planning on doing any major modifications to the suspension like your Blazer, or are you just planning on mainly bagging it? Do you think the wheel size/backspacing on your C5's would work well on a SWB?
The good 700r4 that I have is staying with my truck for right now since it gets actually driven a lot more than the Blazer. I'm probably just gonna use the TH350 behind it for the time being and swap out later for a 4L60E or T56.

The wheels would fit perfectly on a 71-72 truck. The 67-70 had a slightly narrower track width, but a front disc swap and a late rear axle would remedy that. Actually, the Dropmember was originally purchased with the intent of installing it in the truck, but I just couldn't resist putting the Blazer down on the ground... I may just do the simple bag set-up that was on the Blazer before and toss-in the 427 I have sitting on a stand; that's a ways off though, and plans tend to change a lot 'round here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKYARD88 View Post
Looks good Chris! I'm tuning in for the engine swap
It will be a while, but I will detail the install in another thread. I already had a 6.0 build thread going before I decided to do all the suspension work- I'll link to it from here and continue there when the time comes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
You are going to hate that motor Or should I say you are going to hate buying 20" tires If it runs anything like mine it will put a smile on your face everytime you floor it. What trans, harness, are you going to use? Let me know if you need any info on the install.

Is that a iron headed 99 or 2000 motor?
Yeah, these engines are the $h!t- my buddy just got done putting in a 5.3 with a TR220 cam and long tubes in his '66 pickup- and man, it will get it. The tranny will likely be a TH350 for now and I'm using the factory harness that I removed all the unnecessary wires from. I'll be sure to hit you up if I reach any snags now that I know you have a completed conversion under your belt. I've spent a lot of time researching the swap and don't think I'll hit any major obstacles, but you never know...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote