View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #49
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leglance View Post
Very cool work getting that engine out, worked over and then back in..
So often people start a project and then it fades away, you have really set the standard for folks like me.
I don't think I've ever seen Larry ever not finish a project. There is a method to his madness though. Collect everything you need before starting the project. That could be a couple of weeks to a few months or more as the budget allows. Then once all the parts are there, tear it down and start working it over until its done. I've been part of many of those builds in one way or another and they all go pretty smoothly. Mainly because he's got all the parts there and you can just stay working. Parts runs are pretty few.

I've done all of the work on my K5 over at his place and follow his plan the truck usually drives in on Saturday and is driven back home by Sunday afternoon. Plan it in advance and get the parts together and a lot can be accomplished. The first engine swap, lift and clutch jobs all got done over a weekend. Bigger jobs might span a little more time, but he's got a method that works.

Side note to Larry: A little bird told me your helper to bleed the clutch on the bear got fired. Let me know if you need any help with it!
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote