Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #151
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

lil more done today...got the bolts for the torque convertor and got it button down, installed the dust shield for the bottom. Also got the TV cable installed and initially adjusted.

Installed the new brake switch and all the lights are back working...Guess I broke the old one when I changed the column out.

Got the new yoke installed on the drive shaft and will be taking it to the shop to be cut down and balance...they said it would be ready in 2 days. Also cleaned 51 years of crud, road grime etc...off it and will get it painted up once it has been cut down.

Last thing I hadn't check was the rearend....so today I pulled off the differential cover and drained all the old 90w out of it, got it pretty clean....teeth looked really good, not metal anywhere to be found on the inside. I took some pictures of the numbers on the caps that were holding the chunk in.

I did count the teeth on the ring gear and it had 41 teeth, the pinion had 12....but that really doesn't make sense to me at this point....maybe the numbers on the caps will tell me something. It had GM 128 3858703N on the caps...hard to tell in the pictures.

Still looking for the stamp on the rear end so I can be sure what it came out of, if it is original and what the gear ratio was supposed to be, if it had been changed etc....
Attached Images

Last edited by Johns 66; 08-06-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote