View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Re: Janesville Assembly’ To Be Demolished

Hard to believe anyone would turn a Grand National in for $3k when they have been sought after classics since day one and were certainly a hot sought after item you could easily get $3k for at the time that program was in place. Must have been a rust bucket ragged out turd mostly good as a donor to steal the numbers off of. I wouldn't blame the program, I'd blame the one idiot who turned it in... unless it was a way roached out turd worth less than $3k. Then I'd say it was worth the sacrifice because things worked out and there is certainly no shortage of G-bodies and my friend's cousin's business www.gbodyparts.com has only thrived since those times. My buddy is deep into those cars and parts them out. No shortage of those cars. Nobody buying the parts complains that he took another one off the map. He hauls good frames down to Brian often. A Cash For Clunkers car in the junk yard was still a great parts donor, same as the ones G-body fanatics are parting out.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote