View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #21
rs74

Re: Project Snowball- Slow build

Things have been going kind of slow lately. Finally got the flip kit on only to realize that I am going to need shock extenders. The drivers side shock mount is right up against the flip kit plate and the bolt hole is even with the plate. Someone said to take out my overload spring and it would ride better. Not sure if it will affect the alignment of the plate and shock mount.

I started tearing down the front suspension today. Got all the control arms off and going to take them to get the bushings pressed out and new control arm shaft kits put in and bottom ball joints pressed. Might as well do it all at the same time.

I am kind of bummed right now about my cab. I was already looking at inner/outer rockers, cab corners and maybe patching a few spots in the floor. Today I found another rotted section. It is on the passenger side in front of the outer rocker and right behind the lower fender mount. I have started to look for a new cab and came across a custom deluxe with air locally. I am not to enthused about having to drill all the whole so I can put up all the trim but if that is what I have to do. It is the same year cab as mine (85) but it was made in canada. I hope there are no differences since I will have to gut my cab and tranfer it all over. Of course I need to see what they want for it first. This guy is usually high on his stuff but it has been sitting there for 4-5 years. I will call him in the morning and see what he says. I could get my cab and a section on my bed fixed for $500 but that was before what I seen today and the little bit off floor pan repair needed.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote