View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 11:20 PM   #37
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Finally had a chance to work on the truck this weekend. I had a rough go of it the last few weeks with some major back issues, something Ive always had to deal with but had a more significant flare up.

My dad has been working on a few things during my absence, he got the brake lines done, minus the rear axle. Got some of the fuel system done, and he also got the front sway bar mounted. It was a big relief to have that done, and it turned out great, no issues popping the rivets out.

Today I worked on my AC compressor bracket, it finally came in, and like everything it had to be modified to work. With my motor mounts I can only use two of the holes on the bottom side of the mount, so I just lopped off the third one and it fit great. This bracket is way better than the previous one I tried, the compressor is actually straight, and you dont have to fight the belt to get it on.

I also worked on the rear shocks, Im not quite sure what to think with them, they are CPP, matched to the drop spring I have, but they arent really long enough as it sits now. I have pretty much no weight on the back end though, so Im thinking with the truck complete, with weight they might be alright. The more I read and think it over Im almost wishing I would have went with something different for springs and shocks.

Next I want to put the cab, inner fenders, and core support on, and then measure for wheels, and check some clearances on the motor and for the fuel system. After that is done then Im going to start on the the cab, filling fire wall holes, and maybe rockers.

That kind of leaves me with a question, at what point would you do rockers? Ive looked in mine through the holes on each end, and while there is surface rust with in them, they arent bubbling or flaking internally. Im not really sure if its worth the work, or if I can coat them with some internal rust coating and leave them.
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote