View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #114
bnoon

Re: Project Mr. Green Jeans (now 5.3 LS turbo build!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
If you have the space pull the front clip. Way easier.

You can have lope and turbo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXXuq9T2TI
Disagree about the front clip. That would take me a half an hour or so to pull and would only save me about that much time, so it's a wash and there's no reason to mess with it. Now, the two times I dinged my noggin on the corner of the hood last night... I might have agreed with you.

Also disagree about the cam. Nothing lopey about the TU2 cam that guy is running. 238/238 duration on a 112.5 center line is a great turbo cam, but lopey? No. He's got a very low idle and very short exhaust out of the turbo, yeah, and it does sound good... just not as nasty as a good thumping NA cam. Even my cam in my SBC was too small for what I REALLY like at 234/244 on a 114. That TU2 cam would do very nice with the turbo I plan on running, but this is a low buck build and at $379.99 that would make it the single most expensive part aside from the 5.3 itself.

I'm going to go through the 350 to make sure everything still checks out to see how it lived over the summer, then put it for sale here and on Craigslist. If it sells for what I have into it now, then I'll for sure go 5.3 turbo. If it doesn't sell, then I may put it back in with the new trans... stupid decisions. I hate being limited by time/money/space. I'd rather have one of each NA BBC stroker, wicked techie turbo build, and high winding SBC.
bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote