View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #5
mr48chev

Re: More carb problems!

Did you have the truck running with the stock carb before you swapped carbs? If you never ran it and swapped parts the part you swapped may not be the issue to begin with.

As Mikebte asked, what is the history on the Monojet? was it a fresh carb or one you just had or picked up from a buddy or ?

My memory doesn't tell me what the base surface of both carbs looks like right now even though I have rebuilt both in the past but might you have the wrong base gasket that is creating a vacuum leak? I've seen that on a couple of other carb swaps where you had to have the correct gasket to make it work.

I'm not found of swapping parts around on an engine I have never heard run until I have run it. It seems that every time one of my friends calls asking for help with an engine not starting they did a wholesale swap of parts before trying to start the engine and you have to sort it out one step at a time to get it to work.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote