View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
indymachinist

Re: 68 shortbed stepside stripper truck build

I would like to leave the exterior of this truck almost exactly as it is with the exception of the bedside spare tire. I really do not want to paint it at this point. I think the paint will clean up pretty well for the most part as it is. I do want to try to make sure what little bit of rust is there is stopped. I am a big fan of patina looking trucks but I will not be letting this truck rust away.

Plans for the truck are not finalized at this point. In some areas it will be pretty wild vs. what people are used to. In some areas it will stay pretty basic.

For a brief start the plans are as follows:

-Get the carb fixed and get it up and driving as it is

-Take bedside spare tire off, get new fender painted and installed

-Lowering suspension pretty mild... spindles and springs in front, unknown in back (not air ride)

-4 wheel disc brakes and power brake booster (I want to swap an entire late model disc brake setup into the truck. Front and rear calipers and rotors, master, booster, and prop valve.)

-Change wheel color (black, dark gray?), find good looking wheel caps to go with the beauty rings

-Possibly a light window tint. Not sure on this one yet. I do like window tint for privacy/staying cool but don't know how I feel about it on old cars/trucks

As it is right now this truck is sitting in a shed waiting for me to finish a couple other projects I have in the works. Work will probably ramp up majorly on this thing in the fall but for now I am going to plan it out carefully and try to get my head wrapped around exactly what I want this truck to be.
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote