View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #233
RckyMntnKng

Re: My Build Thread (year+) on 71 Jimmy 4x4

On going work to dial the Jimmy in the way I want it -

One 3" Air tube was too small and lost too much "go" at altitude, and even introduced some rough throttle at times after wot.

Decided to go dual 4" pipes - plenty of air.

I want the filter(s) back under the hood again because the first attempt allowed in some gas fumes / smell - going to twin inline cone boxes under the hood i can seal up.

To get the air inlets up higher i went even more drastic. I decided to narrow the glove box a few inches and modify the dash with some extra real estate for a couple of intakes on the inside of the cab. its very easy to throw on an elbow and go up higher from there anytime its needed.

I took the Glovebox face off, cut the curved portion of the dash opening out on the right side, and re-welded it back into position 4" towards the driver side from stock. Then I took a thick piece of flat stock with two 4" holes and welded it in place to the passenger side to cover the remaining hole.

I then cut 4" out of the center of the glove box lid itself and reinstalled. Used two dash vents from a garden drain that fit nicely for the intake ports

Took it out last weekend this way and it worked very nicely.

Also - I finally pulled the trigger on my range / fuel issue. Im running a 41 gallon tank under the bed now with a new skid and the in-bed tank is no longer needed so opened up a ton of room there.
Attached Images

Last edited by RckyMntnKng; 07-31-2013 at 11:46 AM.
RckyMntnKng is offline   Reply With Quote