View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #18
jasonroman

Re: new to me 85 burb. need lowering help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTork View Post
I hacked off my bump stop bracket when I static lowered it. I still have yet to fab up one and I've been on air ride for 4-5 years now. The only thing to be aware of is that this is also the steering stop so you won't have that to stop you when you're turning to lock. Just keep it in mind and it'll never be anything you notice or worry about. You shouldn't need new shocks at the point you are now.

An option for the rear for you may be to get a set of air shocks. It will give you the ability to add air to them manually to raise it up and get ride and clearance. This is if you like the way it is and want it to stay low. Just an option for you.
thanks for reply.
originally i was gonna order spindles and flip kit. maybe the shock extenders if needed no notch since its mainly me in the truck and no towing
saw that i could do a cheap/free at home drop and went that way for now since i had nothing to do after work this weekend.
figure there are a lot of parts on this truck that may be original so thats why i thought maybe shocks would help. need to figure how to get what i have to ride better at this height, or with the rear a little higher actually, not that i don't like the low, but my driveway sucks, so for now i wanna better ride with what i have then ill have to figure out if i will make it up and down if i get the spindles and flip kit.

any ideas how to get the bolts off the leaf springs?? pretty sure if i would have left the leafs alone and bolted up the shackles, the ride would be better.

air shocks for just the rear correct? had some on a short bed i had before this truck and i kept them full of air at all times.
what should i put on the front? drop shocks?
jasonroman is offline   Reply With Quote