Thread: SRW to DRW
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: SRW to DRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
I got a C20, and I really want a dually. Every once in awhile I see a slammed obs rclb blue dually slammed on 16 polished alcoa's. Which to me is just WOW. I won't just buy a dually because I have a 74 which where I live is pre-smog, and I never seen a rc dually pre 77 when I was searching. Plus I will have fixed up my truck to my specs, and I won't want to start again.

I have seen online the drw axles are wider the srw axle, and they use the wms measurement. What does wms mean? I will use rear spacers so I can upgrade the axle I have now to suit my plans, and not have to replace it later. Also I can set the rims right where I want them for the perfect stance.

Also C20, and dually A arms are the same. It is just the spindles where everything gets different? I wouldn't mind rebuilding my front suspension first, and then convert it later.

I am looking to buy a front cross member here in a few months to start my gathering of parts, and rebuild of my front suspension. Plus I really don't want to start buying parts till I figure out which way I want to take my build. Right now I am stuck between off road tires, race suspension truck, and slammed dually for cruising.
WMS can stand for 'wheel mounting surface' & is commonly used when indicating where/how a rear end was measured.

C20 & C30 spindles are the same from what I could see when I was looking for C30 spindles. The difference is the rotors: SRW (single rear wheel) or DRW (dual rear wheel) 8-lug.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote