View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #29
44th Miss Inf

Re: crew cab showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
If you look at GMs truck engine choices in the late 90s, the 454 had the most power and torque offered. The 454 would out tow the 6.5. Both of my 454s are regularly towing/hauling combinations of 15,000 pounds.

I do have a tune(but still running the black box pcm) on my 99

I don’t have a time on my 96. It has a real transmission, and a 4.88 axle.
All my towing since I got out of the service in '92 (except the above mentioned 88 cc) has been with a 5.9 Cummins. I performed my first conversion in 1995 as I hated the Ram body. Put it in a 93 K3500 CC that dad had already blown up the 6.5 in.
Currently I am running a Cummins powered Chevy and have an 06 megacab Dodge. I hate the ISB Cummins. As soon as I finish my 88 CC SRW Cummins Conversion the Megacab will be sold, as the only thing I like about it is the G56 trans.
In 05-06 I considered buying a new Chevy with a D Max, but GM would not build one with a standard transmission by then. I don't pull with automatics. I always hear from people I know about how much their Dmax/Allison or Powerstroke will pull. I have "unhitched the wagon" from my truck on 8-10 different occasions, but have yet to ever have one of their trucks back under neck of my trailer once they see it.
44th Miss Inf is offline   Reply With Quote