View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 04:07 AM   #8
Rokcrln

Re: How To~ Forward Tilt Your Hood.

This next step you will have to work it out your self with my pics to help give you the basic idea. This first design is the most simple and easiest to do. You will need a piece of plate or angle that is atleast 3/16" think and is atleast 4"x4"x 8" long. You will trim it off later once it is all fit aand marked. Pic1 just shows a top view of how it may look as you are starting. Pic2 shows the angle clamped in place. Pic3 show the use of a framming square to make sure it is square with the fire wall. Now you can get all your side to side dimentions by measuring the roller's on the hod slider/catch. Measure from the lip of the roller to the same place on the other roller and write this dimention down. The reason I did not provide a dimention for this is because in teh last step of mounting the slides yours may be different form mine and that is fine. This step now will match what you did on the hood and it will all work out fine.
Now notice on the piece that you are now working on has a rubber ramp that has a grove for that roller to run in. You will want the dimention of this grove to match the width you measured from the rollers above. Mark this out on your pieces of angle and clamp the lower slider track in place. Now shut your hood and check how things work. You will need to move things around to get the hood to close just how you want. When the hood is shut and at the proper alignment you will want the rollers to be tight in the "J" hooks of the lower slider. This will help keep the hood from moving. When all said and done the back of the hood should slid forward with out contacting the fenders at all but it wil be close. Once you are happy with how it all works you will need to mark the stock hood hinge bolt holes in your angle for mounting. Pic4 shows how I marked my holes. I drilled mine out to 5/8" so I have some adjustment sfor later if needed. Also when you mark the holes in your lower slider track make them 1/2" and use larger washers so you will have room for adjustment as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rokcrln; 12-02-2006 at 04:12 AM.