Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 02:33 AM   #1163
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

From my last post until today not a lot done just the final trimming hole prep and some weldable primer on some edges, one thing I have come to the conclusion I will NEVER buy SEM weldable primer again, this stuff spits and sputters and I think even promoted blow outs in the welds, I had some copper looking stuff before and it worked great, don't recall what it was.....

It rained, rained and dumped some more most all day (and the better part of the last 1.5 weeks) so I ran the 220V extension cord out the garage window into the car cover then covered the exposed 2' with a tarp to keep the water off of it. Standing on a kinda not too dry sheet of plywood while welding.. Worked on her from about 10am till 6:30pm.

I will admit I averted a disaster today, while cleaning up I coiled the live extension cord and balanced it on the pickup bed while getting ready to feed it back thru the car cover wall and into the garage window, when I opened the window from the outside the coiled part of the cord fell into a puddle of water below, the corner of female plug end box was in the puddle about 1/2" deep, but thankfully no sparks as I walked off to flip the breaker, did I mention I was also standing in the puddle???? I think in the future I best pull my head out and flip the breaker off when I setup from now on..

Here's todays carnage:

First 2 pic's are about 3/4 welded, the last is done less grinding and searching for spots I missed, the inner kick is tacked in about 5 places
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote