View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 11:29 PM   #50
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
Question - how much is your AFR bouncing around n general at idle and cruising? I imagine that at WOT it is fairly steady (correct me if I'm wrong) but is it doing a dance otherwise? Again, I went with analog gauges so I'm concerned with being able to get good part throttle readings once installed. You know? If it's bouncing all back and forth from 15 to 11 it's going to be tough. I had an Autometer unit that tapped into the factory O2's on a 91 5.0 many moons ago and that thing danced all around unless you floored it. We are talking about a whole different kind of accuracy with dedicated widebands and modern technology, but if you were trying to tune a carb with the readings that that thing got you would probably throw it out of a window fairly quickly.
hope this graph helps you out, this is a pretty darn good Idle AFR of my truck just sitting there running in the garage for just over a minute after it has been warmed up already, I think it's somewhere between 13 and 15, sorry about the tiny graph I am still trying to learn the software aka the scale adjustmentability
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote