View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #429
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

got into the garage today. ive been trying to get the throttle cable on for a couple of days and its just not working. I finally had to admit that the new very cool looking throttle bracket was the problem. it makes me route the throttle cable at extreme angles that probably aren't going to work. I couldn't make them work. I removed the new cool throttle bracket and put the old bracket back on and everything seemed to fall into place. i got the cable installed and its just about done. the only issue ive run into is that the return spring and the transmission cable want to go into the same hole on the carb linkage. I started up the truck and gave it a few revs and its close. I haven't done any fine adjustments on the cable and I will probably adjust the idle a tad. so progress was made, motors roared , and I'm a hop skip and a jump from running this thing down the road again. I'm disappointed that I cant use the new throttle bracket but this is the nature of our hobby. could I make it work? of course I could but the effort and time would far exceed the payday. I'm ready to drive and move onto other parts of the truck
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote