Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #701
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRFitz View Post
Thanks for the reply and photos. Much appreciated. I will also explore what may be available to purchasing new to get into a smaller rad/condenser, but I now know this is an option. I'm sure I will have a million more questions. How about fitting the drive shaft...if the motor has to be moved back 8", does the front shaft get a section cut out? Not sure why they went with a 2 piece drive shaft on these trucks? Thanks

replace it with a one piece shaft, usually you can find one that is close in length, for example a longbed driveshaft is usually 64" overall and a reg cab colorado driveshaft is 54" long. when you factor in that lowering the rear makes the driveshaft shorter (lowering an s10 you usually shorten a driveshaft 1" to keep the yoke from cramming into the trans) so 54 is almost perfect.

measure your driveshaft to be sure, center of u joint to center of u joint. I dont recommend shortening the two piece because the front shaft will end up ~12" long and you will want to replace the carrier bearing while you are working on it, might as well just put that towards a one piece.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote