View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #166
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

After completing the windshield frame I started working on the drivers side quarter panel. I know it is popular on here for everyone to simply replace the bedsides, but I am on too tight of a budget to do that. As you can see I already cut part of the panel off to work on the door jam/rocker area.

I really didn't need to take this much metal off, but I figured since I paid so much for the patch panel I had better use more than a sliver of it.

It isn't done bieng welded into place but the bottom patch is tacked in.

That is all of the progress I have to show for now. I believe that I am about 75% done with metal work so hopefully we will start to see some paint in the not too distant future! Also I showed my pictures to some non-car enthusiasts the other day. I got alot of funny comments. One guy who had some 67-72 trucks back in the day, and who deemed himself an expert had the best comments of all. He said that no matter what I did this truck was so rusty that it was structurally unsound and was just going to start rusting thru the minute I get done with it. He also told me that my blazer could not be a CST because they stopped making them back in 1970. I asked him if he ever had owned a 1st generation blazer. He answered no. I tried to inform him that the blazers were badged as CST's until 1972 but he wouldn't have any of it. I just thought it was funny how people know more about your stuff than you do; even when they have never owned something like it before!

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 11-08-2010 at 08:05 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote