View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #14
idbeast

Re: 55 GMC vs 55 Chevy differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by inboil View Post
Wow. What kind of issues did you have? I see three or four different companies offering the same cab. All the way from 9 to 12k. Did you use Eklers? Are these made here or overseas? Thanks for the info--very informative. I am spending the customer's money, so I want to make sure I don't wind up shooting myself.

William
These cabs are built by Premier Street Rods You can follow the link and look at the videos showing them assembling a TF cab. They are built to the Original factory spec which are not the now 1/8"-3/16" gap standards. They have anywhere from 1/8" to 3/8" gaps. Also needed to rework my upper fender mounting to cab tower mounts. Again I'm a perfectionist so my way of thinking is a little bit stronger then most and my truck would never even be considered for a "Concours event".
I see you are in Seattle, I'm Just a little bit south of Tumwater in Littlerock, I-5 exit 95. If you would like to see the rework areas to make an accurate decision as to rework areas and time, make a short road trip and look, you as a shop owner should appreciate being able to assess up close. I know when I bought mine, and I bought the complete truck including the bed for $12,999 I expected 2017 Lexus body lines and gaps!
idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote