View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #185
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Thank you for taking the time to share all of this with us and to answer our questions. Which I have two. You have called out the torque limitations of many of these parts and my question is that measurement referenced from at the flywheel or the rear wheels? And I am assuming that those torque limitations are calculated with an average 2 wheel drive installation and useage. If that is so I would expect to derate the torque limits by some percentage when installed in a vehicle with the ability to load the transmission more ie. four wheel drives used offroad or a vehicle set up for a drag racing application. Any input you have on this would be appreciated. Your knowledge of these transmissions is amazing, and I wish I lived closer so I could have you rebuild one for me thus giving me piece of mind that I had the job done right. Back in the day my GTO would destroy a T400 every 18 to 24 months. Up side was I never had to service a tranny.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote