View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #192
fisherman420

Re: 700R4 build thread.

First off I must say thank you for all of the very informative information within this thread for a DIY rebuild of the 700R/4L60/E transmission! I am about to rebuild my 1990 core to go behind a mild 383 with ~425hp (sorry I don't want a 4l80E....the truck will see very few WOT runs and only a few burnouts initially just to get it out of my system .....

....I will be replacing/upgrading all of the key components along with high quality Torrington bearings, moulded pistons from with corresponding return spring, sonnax shell, sonnax supported input drum, reverse drum, pump rebuild with hardened rings, vette servo, pinless accumulators, appropriate valve body modifications with new separator plate and there's probably a couple things I missed but got the main list of things....anyways....I am having a hard time deciding what 3-4 clutch pack to get. I am a bit leery of the 9 pack systems with the thin steels even though they are kolene treated. Would a high quality 6 pack alto red pack with kolene steels be sufficient or perhaps an 8 friction setup would be best. Thoughts and recommendations please
fisherman420 is offline   Reply With Quote