View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #198
psychodiagnostik

Re: 700R4 build thread.

AWESOME thread, I found this thread doing google searches about the 700r4 I'm re building for my '93 Corvette.

I've followed along but now I'm stumped, could anybody provide any insight? So I'm second owner of the car, car worked fine a few years until I lost reverse, & the teardown shows lo-reverse clutches disentegrating (fluid was trashy too). The trans looks like a GM rebuild, V /MD8 case, with the code ground off and a sticker on the bellhousing.

Valve body is a 4442, aluminum slugs in the hydraulic TCC channel. The thing that has me stumped is that instead of a one piece 1-2 throttle valve sleeve and valves I have the two piece, 1-2 sleeve and "lo range control sleeve" like an older valve body. Also the really weird part is the little 1-2 "lo range control" valve is missing. I've searched all over, thinking maybe it fell out when I dissasembled the valves but this seems unlikely & I didn't find it under or around my workbench.

Is this a normal configuration? Should I just get a new later series re-man valve body?
thanks!
psychodiagnostik is offline   Reply With Quote