View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #76
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
That is so crazy you can pressure wash seats like that. Never considered that. Awesome. Also today I saw one of those Capris rolling down the road. I’ve never seen one in person till today. Lol.
Yeah a friend of mine told me he had done it on one of his cars so I tried it and it worked great. There's still a few Capri's on the road around here, hard to find a running XR2 that isn't beat, or either the owner has kept it in mint condition and thinks its work a billion dollars lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 View Post
What a difference!!! It is amazing how much human slime and dirt can accumulate in a vehicle, even one that was taken care of and loved. I have pulled out a filthy carpet and power washed it before, but never done it to the seats. the carpet took like 2 days to totally dry, so I can only imagine how long the foam in the seats took to dry completely. When it comes to seats and light carpet stains I "borrow" my wife's carpet cleaner vacuum with the upholstery attachment, it makes a big difference. I am impressed you keep finding theses gems, all the Festivas I see for sale or see driving around are beat to within an inch of their life.

It works great as long as you can get them dry quickly so they don't sour. I stick them in front of the heater in the shop and point a fan at them. Most of the Festiva's around here are trashed, it's rare to find them in decent shape. The nice ones sell quickly if they're not overpriced. There is a very nice GL Sport (top trim level) that gets reposted in Knoxville every few days that has been for sale for over a year. Would be a decent deal if it wasn't automatic.

Here are a few I've spotted locally, they're almost all super rough. I'd love to track down the white car with the red stripe and try to buy it, it's an '89 L Plus. I had a guy stop me in a parking lot after seeing my white Festiva and tell me that he knows the owner of a white Festiva "just like yours" with a red stripe, and they were going to scrap it but decided to try to sell it for $400 instead. I showed him the pic I took and he said it was the same car, but then he wouldn't put me in touch with the owner...

Vid of the carpet being cleaned, the pics didn't really show how nasty it was.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote