View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #7
44boggers

Re: Will this tire/wheel size work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKR View Post
The rear is about an inch from the outside sidewall to the fender, and less than that, maybe 3/4 of an inch from the inside sidewall to the fender.

The front has more room. Probably an inch and a half on the outside, and lots on the inside.

It's tough to measure because I don't have a way to get the truck off the ground to get underneath it.

I think a 255/40 probably would fit with a 5" BS. I think there's room there to take the 1/4 inch of backspacing and the 10mm of extra tire. I don't know though.

The only reason I went with 245/40 in the front was because that's all that was in stock at the time. I ordered 275/35 but they didn't come, and we weren't sure if they would fit anyway. So we put the 245s on. Next time I think I'll try a 275/35 though, and I might go down to a 305 in the back.

Thanks!
Why would you go down to a 305?
If you have over an inch of clearance in the front and i went with a 255 with a 5" backspacing, am I correct in my math. at 255 is about .5" wider than a 245. So now I would be down to say .75" and then .25" less in back spacing. I am down to .5" of clearance. Would that be correct?
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote