View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #9
Vinceg

Re: sound deadening inside doors

I cleaned my doors out the best I could. Washed with soap and water then wiped down with wax and oil degreaser. It is a bit of a pain to get inside the door but I didn’t want the stuff falling off after a bit. I used a product called Bam matting. Made by focal. It is a butal rubber product with a foam backing instead of foil like dynamat. I couldn’t believe how sticky this stuff actually is. I did the back wall of the cab, the floor, cab corners from bottom to top as far up as I could reach. The firewall including the cowl. I did my best to coat the entire inside panel of the door. The hard part is getting all the way down in the front lower corner and around the door hinge braces. The removable panel was the easy part! Lol! The truck still isn’t on the road so I don’t know how well the road sound will be. Fingers crossed! I cant find my pic of the entire floor done. This pic was only the back of the cab. Then I used a back wall covering out of an 88 I think. Just had to drill a few holes. And trim the bottom.
Attached Images

Vinceg is offline   Reply With Quote