View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
chuck69ss

Re: AUX input jack for 67-72 AM radio

Did my mod and thought that I'd mention a few things.
- The directions were very well done.
- The resistors allow you to connect both stereo channels to one mono channel without risking damage to the MP3 player. The recommended 2K value can be different, but too large will attenuate the signal and lower the volume. The package size of the resistors doesn't matter as there is very little current. 1/4 watt are easy to work with. They could be incorporated into the wiring if you use larger resistors with leads that are too big to fit into the small terminals on the connector.
- There is no way to drive two speakers in stereo with this mod as the radio is mono and only has one amplifier channel.
- Someone asked about a 3pin connector. the 5 pin includes a switch that allows you to use am radio or aux input. If you use a 3pin connector, you would have to disconnect the am radio. Simply wire the audio pins of the connector to the blue wire. The resistors should still be used.
- The mod MAY work with a non-working radio. it depends upon what is wrong with the radio - meaning the tuning circuit or the amplifier. If you here static but can not receive stations, the mod should work.

If I think of anything else, I'll update this post. Thanks again for the detailed instructions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by chuck69ss; 03-16-2013 at 09:45 AM.
chuck69ss is offline   Reply With Quote